E2 (Engagement * Excellence)
The STEAM Solution: Strategies and Research to Ignite Student Engagement and Success in Math
- What happened to my students’ motivation?
- How can I use simple patterns to deepen abstract understanding?
- How can I foster student engagement in learning?
- Have children lost a work ethic? What can I do about it?
- How do I encourage academic risk taking?
- Is there a role of play and reflection in math?
- Why are my students playing it safe?
- What makes an engaging learning community?
- Are there learning differences in males and females?
- How does stress and perception impact mathematical success?
- Is there a year that impacts math success long-term?
- Does heart factor into math?
Virginia STEAM Academy* is proud to offer an engaging, interactive, and fast-paced day of professional development to anyone interested in the mathematical lives of middle and high school students.
Research-based, hands-on activities and talks designed to deepen your understanding of:
- Mindset, Math Anxiety, and Mastery
- Moving from Simple to Complex Thinking
- Environment and Input: Internal and External
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
The Science Museum of Virginia
2500 West Broad Street, Richmond
$50/participant. Seats are limited.
- Dress is working casual.
- Lunch is provided (Homemades by Suzanne).
- A Certificate of Attendance is available upon request.
- In the event of inclement weather or circumstances beyond the control of Virginia STEAM Academy, we regret that refunds are not available.
- The schedule is subject to change.
Virginia STEAM Academy
In Partnership with:
Science Museum of Virginia
Partners in the Arts, University of Richmond
University of Richmond Museums
Register today for our Professional Development Symposium. We hope to see you on March 22, 2016, for a rousing day of math and hands-on experiences!